Tuesday, May 20, 2008

'Ganguly still good for T20, ODIs'

Former Indian captain Mohammad Azharuddin said Soruav Ganguly was still 'good enough' to play ODIs and twenty20 formats of cricket.

"He is still good enough for the shorter versions of the game," Azhar said at a function where Ganguly was felicitated for playing 100 Tests and 300 ODIs for India.

Recalling Ganguly's phenomenal talent, Azhar said "When I first saw him during an ODI at Manchester, I thought he can do it, he can go a long way".

Referring to Ganguly's century at Lords on debut, he said "I felt very impressed by the century, as he looked like someone with six to seven years' experience in Tests. The innings was that matured".

Again going down memory lane, Azhar said "When he played with me, he never wanted to stand close-in, but nowadays I see him standing close-in and doing well".

Azhar professed the Kolkata Knight Riders would go to the final under Ganguly's leadership.

Ganguly also exuded confidence that his side would come out of the rough times. "My team is going through bad times, but we will come out of it."

Asked what motivated him to keep going, Ganguly said, "It's my love for the game. Ask the same question to Rahul and Sachin and they will say the same thing".

0 comments: