Friday, January 4, 2008

I am the Cruise of music industry: Bon Jovi

Jon Bon Jovi claims he is the Tom Cruise of the music industry. The 45-year-old singer, who has sold more than 120 million albums with his band Bon Jovi, admits he is tired of being snubbed by award ceremonies just like Hollywood star Tom. Jon said, “I am the Elvis Costello of movies and Tom Cruise in my music. I’ve been critically acclaimed in most of my TV and film work, but I didn’t sell any movie tickets, and with the band, it’s like Tom Cruise. I’ve had all the commercial success you could dream of, but hey, the guy still doesn’t have an Oscar. What you gonna do?”

Jon also revealed he and his bandmates guitarist Richie Sambora, 48, keyboard player Dave Bryan, 45, and drummer Tico Torres, 54, plan to keep on rocking into their 60s, just like their idols The Rolling Stones. Jon said, “I look at Mick Jagger, who I idolise, performing, and he still looks good, not just for a 64-year-old, but as a performer. We’re musicians, it’s what we’re built to do, and while we still sound good, then why not?”

0 comments: