Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Priyanka feels nostalgic

Working in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Fashion is a trot down memory lane for Priyanka Chopra. "If you remember, I started my professional life as a model. And now doing Fashion I met up with my friends from my modelling days… Noyona Chatterjee, Jesse Randhawa, Aanchal Kumar… That was the best part of doing Fashion. When I was modeling, I was 17. So it’s like a whole era has passed between then and now."

However, Priyanka admits she isn’t that experienced a model. "I modelled for only three months between the Miss India and Miss World pageants. But yeah, it was fun. I was a wide-eyed excited child then. Yes, I’m using my experiences as a model to play my character in Fashion."

Priyanka’s character undergoes tremendous metamorphosis. "And I’ve gone through that metamorphosis myself. Like my character, I was a small-town girl finding my way through the modelling world when I came to Mumbai. A lot of it is derived from my own experiences. However, let me tell you shooting films and modelling are very different. My modelling friends complain about how patient they need to be between shots, whereas during modelling all you had to do was just go for it."

Fashion has been shot almost completely in Mumbai. "And that’s change for me. Because a lot of my films are shot outside the city. When you’re on an outdoor you disconnect almost completely from the rest of the world. I like travelling. I’m inherently a nomad."

Priyanka is now looking forward to moving into her new home. "My parents are also moving. We’ll be on the same floor, next to each other. I think Sussanne Roshan’s aesthetics are very close to mine. My parents’ and my homes are so beautifully done. Since I’m shooting I can’t do the packing. But my mom has started packing all my stuff. I’m free only after July."

0 comments: