Thursday, June 5, 2008

Harman is a very promising actor

Amrita Rao’s last release, My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves, couldn’t set the box office on fire. However, that does not hamper Amrita’s excitement for her next release. “I am doing Shyam Benegal’s Mahadev Ka Sajjanpur, which also stars Shreyas Talpade. I play a village belle in the film. It was quite a challenge to play this character, as we had to speak a particular North Indian dialect. We had to do a lot of research for our costumes, as we wanted it to look very authentic. It was quite a novel experience,” says Amrita. The actress has always portrayed a sweet and innocent girl on screen, but is open to experimenting with her looks and roles now.

“I am looking forward to enacting different kinds of roles now, even negative ones. I believe one must experiment and better their performance. I am very happy with the roles I have done but I am open to playing all kinds of characters,” she explains. Amrita, like many of her contemporaries, has also shed her inhibitions and is sporting a glam look of late. “The glamorous look is just for my film ShortKut, that’s all. I am a very simple person in real life. I am the typical girl next door. I am working on Ajit Paul’s Victory, which stars Harman Baweja. He is a very promising actor. He has a lot of potential and I am sure he is going to be among the top three very soon. He is going to go a long way after Victory,” she says.

0 comments: