Saturday, December 1, 2007

Kidman wants Beckham to star as ‘hunky builder’


Nicole Kidman wants David Beckham to star as a "hunky builder" in her new film Australia. The Golden Compass actress saw David play with his soccer team Los Angeles Galaxy in Australia recently, and was so taken with the muscular sportsman that she is desperate for him to appear alongside her in the romantic epic.

A source close to the actress said, "Nicole thinks David would be perfect to play a labourer in the film and director Baz Luhrmann agrees. It would only be a small part and Nicole is hoping David might consider it." However, David, who had cameo appearances in Goal and Goal II: Living the Dream, has previously insisted he has no plans to forge a career in Hollywood.

He said, "I never wanted to be an actor. It has never appealed to me. When I finish my soccer career what I want to do most is spend more time with my sons and Victoria and do some work for good causes."

0 comments: